MRTS Consulting team conducted a qualitative study to understand the lifestyle of people in Phnom Penh and Kampong Cham during the global pandemic of Covid-19 and how it changes their behavioral pattern toward their health care.
The methodology utilized for the study was a combination of desk research and in-depth interview. Ten people were recruited and interviewed during the fieldwork period from 18th-20th of May 2020.
Below are some of the key findings from the study:
- Most respondents have a significant change to their lifestyles, especially the way they interact with one another. Digital means have played a very important role during this global pandemic not for only professional but academic purposes as well.
- People learn to make more use of the existing digital systems. Instead of going to work, they work from home through online or taking online class. It is more convenient to a great extent.
- The general behavioral pattern that has been witnessed is they are more cautious about their health. They tend to keep themselves clean and hygienic more than ever.
- Practicing safety protocol and social distancing as recommended by WHO is commonly seen.
- The pandemic actually makes the personal income in Cambodia lower and makes it difficult for them to travel. However, this enables them to have more quality time with their family.
For more information about this study and to get the free report, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org