Primary research data is data that is collected first hand by the researcher for the specific purpose of the study.
MRTS Consulting uses various methods of data collection for primary research, such as:
- Online panel: MRTS Consulting has developed the first and only online panel in Cambodia that consists of over 30,000 Cambodian respondents who have been carefully selected and verified. The online panel members are invited to participate in online surveys or other types of online research through email or mobile App notifications. They can access the surveys through their smartphones, tablets, laptops, or desktops at their convenience. They can also choose the language of the survey from Khmer or English.
- Street intercept: MRTS Consulting uses street intercept to collect data from respondents who are randomly approached on the street or in public places. The respondents are asked to answer a short questionnaire or participate in a brief interview. Street intercept is a quick and inexpensive way to collect data from a large and diverse sample.
- Phone interview: MRTS Consulting uses phone interview to collect data from respondents who are contacted by phone and asked to answer a series of questions. Phone interview is a flexible and efficient way to collect data from a geographically dispersed sample.
- In-depth interview: MRTS Consulting uses in-depth interview to collect data from respondents who are interviewed face-to-face for an extended period of time. In-depth interview is a qualitative method that allows the researcher to explore the respondents’ opinions, attitudes, motivations, and behaviors in depth.
- Home visit interview: MRTS Consulting uses home visit interview to collect data from respondents who are interviewed at their homes. Home visit interview is a qualitative method that allows the researcher to observe the respondents’ living environment, lifestyle, and consumption habits.
- Focus group discussion: MRTS Consulting uses focus group discussion to collect data from a group of respondents who are invited to discuss a specific topic or issue in a moderated session. Focus group discussion is a qualitative method that allows the researcher to generate insights from the interaction and dynamics among the group members.
- Central location testing: MRTS Consulting uses central location testing to collect data from respondents who are invited to test a product or service at a central location, such as a mall or a hotel. Central location testing is a quantitative method that allows the researcher to measure the respondents’ reactions, preferences, and satisfaction with the product or service.
- Trade visit: MRTS Consulting uses trade visit to collect data from respondents who are visited at their workplaces, such as shops, factories, or offices. Trade visit is a qualitative method that allows the researcher to observe the respondents’ work environment, practices, and challenges.
These are some of the methods of data collection that MRTS Consulting uses for primary research.